Legalization of Documents

Since the DRC Government is committed to assisting Congolese Nationals living abroad, the Civil Affairs services offered by the Permanent Mission of the Democratic Republic of Congo to the United Nations are related to Birth certificate, Marriages, Notarial and Official documents such as Certificate of Inheritance and Death Certificate. You can find all the necessary information to submit your forms for processing by the DRC Government.

Documents Type
Birth certificate
o Form filled and signed ( the same form for Tenant Lieu)
o Copy of Passport or any other document proving the person is born in Congo

Permit for corpse transportation*
The Permanent Mission of the D.R. Congo requires the following information to be fulfilled in order for the consulate to authorize the remains of a Congolese National who has died in the United States to be repatriated to the DRC:
a. Proof that the deceased person is a Congolese citizen (e.g. Passport copy or Birth Certificate).
b. A certified copy of the Death Certificate.
c. A letter from a local health authority certifying that the deceased did not die of a contagious disease.
d. A metal hermetically sealable casket.
e. A letter stating how the body was embalmed typically signed by the director of a funeral home or counterpart at another institution.
f. A self-addressed prepaid envelope (size A4) for the return of your documents, using a service with tracking such as FedEx or UPS. (NB: USPS, metered stamps, and regular mail are not acceptable.)
* May be additional fees*

Legalization of Services/
Power of Attorney
ALL types of Notary services
(ordinary real property transactions)
(special real property transactions)
$ 30.00
Power of attorney (NGO establishment)

Power of attorney (Corporation ownership sale)